Saturday, August 12, 2017

Azure Functions With Couchbase Server

DZone Database Zone
Azure Functions With Couchbase Server

Azure Functions are Microsoft’s answer to Amazon’s Lambdas or Google’s Cloud Functions (AKA “serverless” architecture). They give you a way to deploy small pieces of code and let Azure handle the underlying server. I’ve never used them before, so I thought I would give them a try beyond “Hello, World” by getting them to work with Couchbase Server.

There are more options in Azure Functions beyond simple HTTP events (for example, blob triggers, GitHub webhooks, Azure Storage queue triggers, etc.). But, for this blog post, I’m going to focus on just HTTP events. I’ll create simple GET and SET endpoints that interact with Couchbase Server.

No comments:

Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres

DZone Database Zone Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres In our previous  Fun with SQL  post on the  Citus Data  blog, we covered w...