Monday, August 28, 2017

Work Order Management With Neo4j

DZone Database Zone
Work Order Management With Neo4j

I look terrible in a bikini (take my word for it), but I'd love me a Lamborghini. However, in order to afford nice things, we need to do as the song says and get to work... and we need to manage and prioritize that work somehow. Today, I'm going to show you how to build part of a work order management system with Neo4j.

I'm going to build an evented work order model. Let's say our order gets created, then based on what it is, pieces of work need to happen. This work is performed by some provider (whether internal or external) and that work can be broken down into tasks that have dependencies on events that have occurred. How would this look in the graph? Glad you asked:

No comments:

Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres

DZone Database Zone Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres In our previous  Fun with SQL  post on the  Citus Data  blog, we covered w...