Thursday, May 03, 2018

Automating Automatic Indexing in Azure SQL Database

DZone Database Zone
Automating Automatic Indexing in Azure SQL Database
Automating Automatic Indexing in Azure SQL Database

I’ve been in love with the concept of a database-as-a-service ever since I first laid eyes on Azure SQL Database. It just makes sense to me. Take away the mechanics of server management and database management. Focus on the guts of your database. Backups, consistency checks — these easily automated aspects can just be taken care of. The same thing goes with some, not all, but some, index management. Azure SQL Database can manage your indexes for you. I call it weaponizing Query Store.

Anyway, I needed a way to automate this for the book I’m writing. I couldn’t find any good examples online, so I built my own.

No comments:

Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres

DZone Database Zone Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres In our previous  Fun with SQL  post on the  Citus Data  blog, we covered w...