Saturday, June 23, 2018

Codex KV: Properly Generating the File

DZone Database Zone
Codex KV: Properly Generating the File
Codex KV: Properly Generating the File

The previous post has a code sample in it that was figuratively physically painful for me to write. Avoiding the number of syscalls that are invoked, the code isn’t all too efficient as I now measure things. It uses way too much managed memory and it is subject to failures as we increase the amount of data we push through. For this post, I’m going to be rewriting the CodexWriter class as I would for code that is going into RavenDB.

I’m sorry, there is going to be a big jump in the complexity of the code because I’m going to try to handle performance, parallelism, and resource utilization all at once. The first thing to do is to go into the project’s settings and enable both unsafe code (without which is it nearly impossible to write high-performance code) and C# 7.3 features, we’ll need these.

No comments:

Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres

DZone Database Zone Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres In our previous  Fun with SQL  post on the  Citus Data  blog, we covered w...