Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I Wrote My Own Database!

DZone Database Zone
I Wrote My Own Database!

It's been one of the moments that I've been unconsciously waiting for ever since I started programming. I mean, writing your own database is not something you do every day. Actually, you should never do that unless you have a very, very good reason to do so. Otherwise, you're probably wasting someone's time and money, and adding a fair bit of risk in case of failures.

Driving Forces

That said, let's explore some of the "very, very good" reasons that would justify writing your own data store instead of using an existing one.

No comments:

Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres

DZone Database Zone Fun With SQL: Functions in Postgres In our previous  Fun with SQL  post on the  Citus Data  blog, we covered w...